General Terms and Conditions, SCHIR Private Tours
Read this notice carefully before making any booking with SCHIR. Together with the disclaimer the use and all material of the website are regulated in this note.
1. General Terms and Conditions
- These general terms and conditions apply to all offers, propositions and contracts with SCHIR.
- Any person who enters into a contract with SCHIR on behalf of or for the benefit of another person is severally liable for all obligations arising from the contract.
- If the counter party has included general terms and conditions that conflict with the general terms and conditions of SCHIR, the terms and conditions of SCHIR prevail, unless explicitly and written agreed by both parties.
- Use of the site constitutes an agreement to all terms and conditions in this agreement and you warrant that you understand, agree to and accept all terms and conditions contained here.
- These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Dutch law and the parties involved agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Netherlands.
- A person or company who is not a party to any contract, shall not have any rights under or in connection with it.
- SCHIR reserves the right to amend these Terms & Conditions any time.
- The disclaimer of SCHIR has to be considered as part of these terms and conditions.
2. Bookings/ Prices / Payments
- All phone bookings are taken with great care and detailed attention to ensure accuracy is maintained.
- Prices only includes that what is explicitly offered in the contract by SCHIR.
- Prices exclude VAT, governmental levies, unless they have been indicated in the contract. VAT is 9%, in accordance with the applicable tax regulations.
- All propositions and offers made by SCHIR are without engagement. Without mentioning of a period of acceptance, there cannot be any liability or claim on the propositions done by SCHIR.
- All propositions and offers of SCHIR can be made by email, phone call, SMS, WhatsApp, online. Only after written acceptance through email by the customer and written confirmation by SCHIR any booking/contract will be valid.
- SCHIR will not be held liable for any incorrect information provided by customers or any other party involved.
- SCHIR may, in her absolute discretion, decline to accept any booking.
- The contract applies only to the date and duration mentioned in the contract.
- Payments need to be made in the currency mentioned in the contract.
- The contract applies only to the date and duration mentioned in the contract.
- Upon conclusion of a contract with SCHIR an advance payment must be paid of 20% of the total agreed sum within 7 days, if there is more than 21 days between the conclusion of the contract and the date the performance starts.
- The remainder of the agreed sum must in all cases be received by SCHIR no later than 14 days before the performance agreed upon starts/takes place.
- If the performance agreed upon, starts/takes place within 14 days, the total agreed sum must be paid immediately and in full.
- All payments can be realized through bank transfer, Paypal and/or cash.
- After having received the agreed sum in full by SCHIR, SCHIR will send the customer an email confirmation.
- In case of late payment, the counter party is without prior notification automatically in default. SCHIR has in that case the right to terminate the contract. SCHIR has the right to claim the costs which have already been made for the contract.
- www.taxiwassenaar.com as a sub-website of SCHIR, all bookings from there applies the same rules as these terms and conditions.
- Customers are liable themselves for adequate insurance, like for cancellation, health care, loss of property or for liabilities of SCHIR above the amounts insured by SCHIR.
- The liability of SCHIR is limited to any amount paid by the insurance company where SCHIR has contracted its liability policy.
4. Cancellations and refunds
- A customer can only cancel the contract by means of a registered letter or email to SCHIR. Date of cancellation, is when SCHIR has received the letter or email. The customer is liable to pay cancellation charges. These charges are as follows:
- Cancellation to (but not including) 14 days prior to (the start of) the agreed performance: the deposit.
- Cancellation between 14 days (included) and 8 days (included) prior to (the start of) the agreed performance: 50% of the agreed sum.
- Cancellation within 7 (included) days of (the start of) the agreed performance: the full-agreed sum.
- Cancellation charges must be paid within 7 days after the cancellation has been confirmed by SCHIR, after which the customer is automatically in default.
- SCHIR may terminate the contract because the counter party is in default. SCHIR is at all times entitled to keep the deposit for damages as well as to claim real damages, if it exceeds the sum of the deposit
- If SCHIR terminates the contract, before the start of the contract, because they are unable to supply the contract, a full refund will be made to the customer.
5. Unexpected and substantial circumstances
- If unexpected circumstances arise, that will lead to an increase of costs for SCHIR, SCHIR is entitled to increase the agreed sum.
- SCHIR will notify the customer as soon as possible of the unexpected circumstances as well as indicates how the increase is calculated.
- If due to unexpected circumstances (a) certain item(s) of the agreed performance must be cancelled, SCHIR shall make the customer an alternative offer.
- SCHIR is permitted to change a non-substantial aspect of the agreed performance due to unexpected circumstances.
- SCHIR will communicate as soon as possible the unexpected circumstances as well as the change to the counter party.
- SCHIR has the right to cancel the contract because of substantial circumstances. SCHIR has the right to claim the already fulfilled items of the program, of the customer.
- Substantial circumstances are circumstances that are of such a nature that SCHIR can no longer be reasonably required to fulfil its obligations arising from the contract.
6. Waiting Time Charges
- All pickups from the airports are allowed 40 minutes free waiting time from the official planned pickup time/docking time. Any further waiting time will be charged at 10 euro per 15 minutes.
- Pickups from home, hotel, offices and other venues are allowed 10 minutes from the actual booked time, thereafter 10 euro per 15 minutes will be added to the fare quoted.
7. Child seat
- On special request of the customer, done together with the conclusion of the contract, there will be one child seat available for free. More child seats can be hired from SCHIR.
- Usage of a child seat is entirely at the passenger’s discretion. SCHIR cannot be held responsible or liable for the usage of the child seat.
8. Animal Transportation
- Customers must inform SCHIR at the time of making a booking if the customer or any passenger wishes to carry any domestic animal in any passenger vehicle. All domestic animals must be carried in a suitable locked box or cage, if appropriate and/or be suitably restrained. SCHIR reserves the right to cancel a booking on arrival at the collection address if SCHIR has not been informed of the customer’s requirement to carry an animal in the passenger vehicle and accepted by written proof by SCHIR. If this is the case SCHIR has the right to charge the customer the relevant cancellation fee under these Terms. Guide dogs are exempt from this requirement and are permitted to be carried in any passenger vehicle.
- SCHIR allows guided dogs in the passenger vehicle if it’s been notified by the passenger while making the booking.
9. Missed Flights
- If the passenger(s) missed a flight this information must be informed to SCHIR immediately so that SCHIR will notify the driver not to enter the airport for that pick up. It is considered as a no show and full rate will be deducted if prepaid online (see 10).
- However, if the passenger(s) wishes to take a later flight SCHIR will provide the service at no extra cost.
10. No Show
- No show is defined as follows: If passenger booked with SCHIR and failed to meet the driver within 45 minutes on agreed pick up time, this will include home, hotel, conference and other private address or any airport, cruise port, stations. This will include wrong date or wrong time bookings.
- If a passenger books a pick-up from an airport and fails to meet the driver (see 5 and 6), in the arrival hall at designated “Meeting point” This means that the driver will wait in the arrival hall up to 45 minutes from the pickup time according to flight landing time and if the passenger fails to meet within this time limit or fails to make contact to inform their status at the airport, it will be considered as a no show.
- All bookings prepaid will not be refunded in the event of a “No Show”.
- SCHIR accepts no liability for (severe) traffic delays, missed flights, missed trains, road closures, visiting hours, extreme and poor weather conditions and natural disasters.
- SCHIR accepts no liability for unconfirmed transfers without booking reference number.
- The Customer agrees to indemnify and keep SCHIR fully indemnified from and against any direct and indirect losses, claims, expenses, damages or liability whatsoever incurred or suffered by SCHIR as a result of the negligence, acts or omissions or default under the contract by the customer, or its employees, agents or subcontractors or any passengers.
- SCHIR will not be liable to the customer for any loss of anticipated savings, business revenues, loss of agreements, loss of opportunity or loss of business or profits whether categorised as direct or indirect or any indirect, special or consequential loss, including losses arising from business interruption, wasted management time, loss of goodwill, data and all other such loss whether or not arising in the normal course of business.
- SCHIR will not be liable to the Customer or be deemed to be in breach of the contract by reason of any failure to perform any obligations under the contract if the delay or failure was due to any circumstances or cause beyond reasonable control of SCHIR.
- SCHIR does not accept any responsibility for the loss of or damage to any luggage which is transported in a passenger vehicle. The customer acknowledges and accepts that any luggage stored in the passenger vehicle may move around during the journey and accordingly the customer (and any passengers) should take extra care when opening the luggage compartment of the passenger vehicle.
- SCHIR will, in no event, have any liability in respect of any claim, howsoever arising, that is not notified to SCHIR by the Customer, in writing, with sufficient particularity, to identify the nature and the quantum of the claim within fourteen (14) days of the occurrence of the circumstances giving rise to the claim.
12. Lost Property
- SCHIR will not be responsible for any property left by passengers in any passenger vehicle. Where property is found in a passenger vehicle it will be stored by SCHIR for a period of 28 days and thereafter SCHIR will be entitled to return, sell, destroy or otherwise dispose of such property in its absolute discretion of SCHIR.
- Passenger is responsible to arrange pickup for his lost property, book a courier service or book an alternative service such as private hire to drop the lost property at passenger’s house.
- Passengers are not permitted to smoke in any passenger vehicle (including using electronic cigarettes).
- Passengers shall not play any musical instrument or broadcast recorded music in any passenger vehicle.
- Passengers shall not consume alcohol in any passenger vehicle and SCHIR and the driver reserve the right to decline carriage to any passenger and/or require a passenger to alight from a passenger vehicle who, in the drivers’ opinion, is intoxicated.
- All passengers are required to use seatbelts at all times, as every passenger – and not SCHIR – is fully responsible for all and any consequences of not wearing a seatbelt.
- SCHIR reserves the right to refuse to transport or cease to transport any passenger who behaves in a disorderly, inappropriate (including excessive physical contact or display), threatening or abusive manner or who, to SCHIR’s absolute discretion, is considered a nuisance or a danger to SCHIR’s employees, agents, subcontractors or to fellow passengers and may require such a passenger to alight from a passenger vehicle and the customer may be charged a cancellation fee.
- SCHIR may assist any passenger who is not capable of boarding and alighting a passenger vehicle unaided, at SCHIR’s sole discretion but at the passenger’s risk.
- The customer shall be liable for any damage caused by passengers to any passenger vehicle.
- SCHIR may charge reasonable repair or cleaning charges plus 65 euro per hour representing loss of earnings for the driver in the event of spillages in or in the event that any passenger vomits in or otherwise soils, contaminates or damages a passenger vehicle.
- SCHIR reserves the right to subcontract or delegate in any manner any or all of her obligations under any contract to any third party or agent.
- Free use of mobile internet is only limited in The Netherlands, guests are therefore advised to have their own data roaming in Europe trip.
- Any complaints relating to the services shall be addressed to SCHIR and made in writing, within 14 days of the event giving rise to the complaint.
- If SCHIR and the customer are not able to solve the problem, the customer has to address his complaints to “De geschillencommissie” in The Hague degeschillencommissie.nl who takes over the process. SCHIR is member of this special commission.
- SCHIR has an official permit from the Dutch authorities to be a taxi-company.
- All drivers are well qualified and permitted to drive with a taxi.
- More information about the company SCHIR can be found at the Chambers of Commerce at The Hague under the registration number: 72736186
- If you have a question or complaint about anything concerning SCHIR, please contact SCHIR,
Phone: +31 (0) 6 555 64 666
Managing Directors: Drs. Eric Reintjens, S. Nurmemet MSc
January 27, 2019